Call for participation
NordiCHI 2020 invites original papers that move the field of Human-Computer Interaction forward, be it through the advance of theory, methodology, or practice. We invite submissions of long and short papers of the highest international standard, presenting original work that significantly contributes to research and practice of Human-Computer Interaction in its broadest sense.
We especially welcome submissions that address trends within HCI in the perspective of the conference theme: shaping experiences, shaping society.
- Adaptive and adaptable systems
- Aesthetics of interactions
- Ambient intelligence
- Anthropomorphic interfaces
- Collaborative computing
- Design for development
- Design for resilience
- Design theory and methodology
- Designing for games and play
- Designing for learning and development
- Development approaches with user involvement
- Dynamics of interaction
- Education in human-computer interaction
- Enactive interfaces
- End-user development
- Ethical issues in human-computer interaction
- Evaluation methods
- Experience Design
- Information visualization
- Interaction design
- Interaction techniques and devices
- Interaction with physical things
- Interface agents and interface characters
- Models of interaction
- Multimodal interfaces
- New materials in interaction design
- Organizations and human-computer interaction
- Participatory design
- Physiological and affective computing
- Robot Interaction
- Society and human-computer interaction
- Theoretical foundations of human-computer interactions
- Ubiquitous, pervasive, and mobile interactions
- Universal design
- Usability and usability evaluation
- Usable security
- User-centred design
- User experience design
- User experience evaluation
- Value-based design
- Virtual, mixed and augmented reality
Submission deadline for long and short papers abstracts
Submission deadline long and short papers
Notifications regarding research papers sent to all authors
Camera ready deadline for all types of submissions: research papers, posters, demos, design cases, future scenarios, practitioners & industry experiences, workshops, tutorials, and doctoral colloquium.
PCS (opening on February 20th)
Long research papers are 5-to-10 pages long. Short research papers are 4 pages long.
Submission of video material to accompany papers is encouraged.
NordiCHI anonymisation policy is the same as for the CHI conference and it states: authors are expected to remove author and institutional identities from the title and header areas of the paper, as noted in the submission instructions (Note: changing the text colour of the author information is not sufficient). Also, please make sure that information that may identify you does not appear in the document's meta-data (e.g., the “Authors” field in your word processor's “Save As” dialogue box). Further suppression of identity in the body of the paper is left to the authors' discretion. We do expect that authors leave citations to their previous work un-anonymised so that reviewers can ensure that all previous research has been taken into account by the authors. However, authors are encouraged to cite their own work in the third person, for example, avoiding “As described in our previous work ,…” and using instead “As described by ,…”
Technical setup at the conference
Research papers will be presented during the conference. A video projector and sound system will be available.
Research papers will appear in the Proceedings of NordiCHI 2020, which will be published in the ACM Digital Library. Video materials will be published as source material in the ACM Digital Library.
Authors of accepted papers must present at the NordiCHI 2020 Conference, and register for the conference.
We hope you will join us in Tallinn in October 2020!
Programme committee chairs (long research papers)
Carmelo Ardito (Politecnico di Bari)
Marta Larusdottir (Reykjavik University)
Jan Stage (Aalborg University)
Programme committee chairs (short research papers)
Ilkka Johannes Kosunen (Tallinn University)
Izak Van Zyl (Cape Peninsula University of Technology)